Thursday, January 31, 2008

A pic or two




Bart drove  us to a wonderful neighborhood where he had seen lots of little roos.  We searched and finally found our first little guy.  By the way, do you know what they call kangaroos that have been hit by a car?  Wasaroo!  Sorry, that's pretty desparate but it's getting pretty late.  Incredibly we also saw a fat koala curled up in this tree.  They actually publish a little Koala Sightings newspaper to help keep track of where they are and aren't showing up.  Don't you love that beautiful home?  It's called a Queenslander.  Very typical of homes built in a country type setting.  Our neighborhood is more of a contemporary style.  Lots of colored corrugated steel with random windows of all shapes and sizes.  I like that, too but if I were building it would definitely be a Queenslander.

8 comments:

Wanna spoof? said...

Hi I am new at blogging. How do you make a page and link and archive to it?
my email is anastar103@gmail.com.

Heather O. said...

I wanna live in Australia-wow!

It's still a balmy 40 something here. Do you miss us yet :)?

Holly said...

Where's the queenslander? Love the pics on the family site. We are still "talking" about a trip.

Nicole said...

Kelli! How have I only just now become privy to your blog??? I need to write a novel entitled "Ode to Kelli". I can't tell you how much you are missed. And how much I want to visit Australia! Keep the posts and pics coming! I RAN today. Can you believe it? This "having a baby" thing can really throw fitness goals off....but I'm on my way back. Thanks to you, Missy. Love ya Kelli. You're a riot.

care bear said...

The pictures are too cute! Are you going to make a Mosaic Moment out of kangaoos (not wasaroos) and Koalas for me?

Dawn said...

Kelli! You crazy girl you! I can't believe I didn't know about your blog. It's great that I can peak at your life now. We miss ya!

Flint Family said...

Hey Kelli! So glad to have found you, you are sorely missed!
All your adventures sound wonderful, much more interesting than plain vanilla Billysburg. Hug a koala for me (and I loved your "wasaroo" heehee)
love ya, Shelly

Amy G. said...

jonah loves your "roo" and koala pictures. he wants to go there someday. so do i!