Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Late Night In the Desert

It's late. I am tired but just for Tami, I am speaking out of the darkness to say "Hi".

We have traveled, shopped for Christmas, wrapped Christmas, unwrapped Christmas and cleaned it up. The road has taken us as far north as Idaho Falls, where we painted, tiled, cleaned, recovered from illness (me), watched lots of movies and played video games (Guess who?), visited with friends, and rediscovered the useless junk we pay $35/month to store, and now south, to the small town of Joshua Tree where we ride dirt bikes and 4 wheelers (Riley and Jeremy), eat and lay around talking with family, recover from an odd out-of-the-blue and as heavy as a wet blanket depression (me), do hair, and play with baby Bennett.

It's crazy. One day my hands are death gripped on the rental car steering wheel praying to survive Utah and Idaho's dark icy roads and relentless snowflakes, the next I am nonchalantly cruising So. Cal. old highway 62 where my biggest concern is my Dad's occasional aggresive tailgating. You may know the technique. He wants to pass so he pulls within inches of the car ahead of him whilst looking backwards through the rearview mirror at the car to the left, then, surges around the poor soul who had the audacity to drive slower. Come to think of it, it sixes. Ice, Dad. Hmm?

At least the passports are all in order and in my possesion, the visas are underway and tickets have been purchased for Australia. We are only 6 days later than originally planned! Bart has occupied the new house and after a long frustrating battle with the electric company's brick wall customer service, has power. He also has internet through a neighbor's set up that works, "sorta", as long as his garage door is open. We are quickly seeing that life in a foreign country, regardless of what we had imagined, is going to have a glitch or two! Hey, the way I see it, better stories!

Well, this blogging is going to be addictive. If it could only replace chocolate!

G'night.

My policy it going to be no rereading of the entire blog to check for errors. So there.

1 comment:

care bear said...

Kelli!

Love hearing from you!So glad you survived the road trip. As for the blues - I have them a little too. I am going through Kelli withdrawl!

thanks for posting.