Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ready for take off

Well, tomorrow is the big day. It's two hours to LAX. We'll board at midnight and arrive 16 hours later in Brisbane. So simple and yet, there's an underlying current of stress agitating my system. I am on high alert.

What am I forgetting? Will it all fit? Is the Visa accurate and acceptable or will they deny us entry and send us back? How much time should we allow for travel to the airport? Where will the boys go to school? What grade will they be in? Should we go with a state school or a private school? Where are the stores? How much do groceries cost? Is the internet going to work? Ahhh, the voices in my head are getting out of control! Whew, best not to allow those many thoughts to formulate. Just pray the important stuff gets through. Let the rest sift.

It's been a quiet Sunday of church, packing, gniochi making, organizing taxes, digging holes in the backyard(boys) and now, more packing. The house seems so quiet without my sister and her baby Bennett. I'll see if I can find a picture of him to upload. He's sooo delicious!

It is absolutely right to be here with my family. There have been some great discussions, not all of them pretty, but all of them pretty important. I am re-learning how the people closest to us are our best teachers.

Stay tuned for the story of "The Incredible Departure". It's a whopper. You might not believe it, but it's verifiable and besides that, would I lie? Exaggerate maybe, but not lie!

Here's the hymn that's running through my simple head: "Come, come ye saints no toil or labor fear, but with joy wend your way. Tis better far for us to strive our useless cares from us to drive; do this and joy your hearts will swell - All is well! All is well!

1 comment:

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

How did the gnocchi turn out???