Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wallabies and a Koala

Bart hauled us off to look for kangaroos in a nearby neighborhood.  Sure enough we saw close to 10 wallabies!  Two of them were laying like dogs in front of someone's hedge.  Jeremy tried to catch them but they go from lazing around to disappearing in the blink of an eye.  Then Bart found a koala sitting in another person's eucalyptus tree!  It was adorable.  They sit in the L shape that the branch makes with the trunk.  With their little chins tucked to chest it's almost impossible to make them out.  What a fun treat.  So now we can't wait to show all of the rest of you!  So get your tickets.  Qantas is having great deals until the end of February.  The time is restricted but that's o.k. the weather here will be good till June.

As soon as I find the CD for my camera, (O.K., technically it's Bart's from Christmas) I'll get some pictures from the day.  

Tomorrow will be all about getting the kids signed up for school.  The next door neighbor, Leanne, has her kids in private school but it's pretty expensive and the boys aren't at all interested.  The uniforms and stricter teachers (that's according to a very reliable source, Jeremy's buddy Heth) are a big no, no in their book.

The pool is working out wonderfully.  Let's put it this way, I haven't heard the sounds of tv, xbox or even the psp for 2 whole days.  Now it's the pool and some computer program where you write you own sheet music.  Now if we can just get them being nice to each other, we'll be set.

Whew, the melatonin is setting in.  We slept through the night till nearly 7 am so I have high hopes for the same tonight.  Another benefit of the pool is how tired it makes you.

For all the Girls on The Go, congratulations on your continued meetings.  Keep it up.  I fully plan to join you one day in the not too distant future.  And I know, I know...don't show up till 8am.  No problem!  We'll have lots to catch up on.  Gee, we could do at least 10 miles with so much to chat about.  Don't you think?  By the way, I had my first Aussie run this morning.  8:30 am was way too late.  The breeze was up but this sun(not that it's different than yours) is way strong for this immigrant!  I barely made 30 minutes.

Love to all,
Kelli

3 comments:

Heather O. said...

A pool, kangaroos, and koalas? Sounds pretty awesome. And it sounds like y'all are settling in. Good luck finding school, although I imagine the boys are pretty ok with just taking some time off to splash in their pool! And I'm going to remind you of something you told me once--it takes six months. No matter what you are doing--a move, a new school, a new calling, a new baby, it takes 6 months to adjust.

Remember, I'm telling EVERYBODY about your blog tonight at the VT dinner. You can run to Australia, but you can't hide!

care bear said...

I can't wait to see pictures! Are Koalas there like squirrels are here?

BTW - I don't know where this Care Bear thing came from but I guess it is my adopted comment nick name.

Holly said...

I'm so glad you started a blog and seem to be keeping up with it. We want pictures! As soon as possible.