Friday, April 11, 2008

New friends and vacation



We had the delightful experience of hosting a family that my parents met a few years ago while living in Colorado.  Elizabeth, the mom, and I hit if off right away.  The kids slowly relaxed into the new environment as we surfed, wake boarded, swam, shopped, ate, rode horse back and explored our way through as much of southern Queensland as possible.
The weather wasn't wonderful.  Not everything went perfectly.  Jerett, for instance, hated the horse show night.  Izzy didn't exactly love the afternoon spent with 7 boys back at the house while her mom and I went to the temple.  Tate wasn't loving the rashes a fella can get from surfboards and the ocean water.  Mom, Elizabeth had her first date since her divorce.  It didn't go quite the way we had all excitedly expected.  
But all in all, it was a wonderful time of new adventures and new friendship.  One I hope that will be repeated (minus the  horse show, Jarett!) again in the not too distant future.
So now what do I do?  I have had house full for 10 days and now, nothing.
Guess it's time to do the floors, catch  up and laundry, sweep the porches and make dinner for...(boo hoo) 4.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I can't tell you how much I want to come to Australia. Barrett even said the other day "You should ask Kelli if anyone is in need of hiring someone for 8 months in some sort of business or law field. I want to go there" Wouldn't that be grand? And you could help whip me into shape! And we would visit you often and give you four good excuses to avoid the laundry and floors. :o)

Holly said...

I'm glad you could get a chance to practice your hosting skills! You will know all the best places to take us when we come...someday. It has been decided not this year so you will have to stay down under for awhile =)

Heather said...

I know how you feel. My parents just left this afternoon and I'm feeling blue about getting back to normal household chores. It's always sad when company leaves...