Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sad Day

I wonder if it would be o.k. to ask for some faith and prayer on behalf of my Aunt R.  Her ex husand was killed by a great white shark in Solana Beach while out for a training swim about 20 hours ago.   His name is Dave Martin.  She is devastated and so are the kids of course.  It's a very complicated and painful time.  I wish I was there to help with anything they would let me do.  They don't even know how much I love them.

Miraculously my mom was in the area and able to get quickly to her sister shortly after she heard the  news and realized who it was.  That meant a lot to her to be able to spend time with my aunt and the kids.   My  mom loves her sisters so much.  In fact, my parents are in the process of moving to Alpine, Ca. which is only an hour from Solana Beach.  I am sure that the weightiness of this loss will not be quickly lifted.  I am so glad that she will be there as a sweet support.

Dave was a very gentle man.  I remember him at the Christmas eve parties with their  little children, patiently waiting on them.  He always had a smile on his face and I liked him.  He was a very handsome, lean man who exuded calm.  One time he brought his two sons from his first marriage to our family party.  They were handsome and fun and we all enjoyed them so much and then we never saw them again.  Now they're grown with little children of their own.  I understand that their dad adored them all.  Uncle Dave was kind to our family.  If we ever had a need with one of our pets we called him.  He always helped.

My aunt is a gorgeous woman of strength with a quick wit, a bright mind, and a soft heart and an amazing smile.  The past few years following the divorce have been hard in just about every way possible.  This is rocking her world.  Especially as she watches her children suffer the unbearable pain of losing their father.  I believe these children are remarkably strong, each in unique ways, different from eachother's.   They will survive.   My prayer is that they will have what they need to show them the way as they tunnel through this dark time to the other side, where there is peace.

Thanks for your time and faith and love.  I know you'll make a difference. 

Click on Liz and Trevor under Blogging Buddies for her thoughts.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Kelli, I just read an article on that the other day and told Matt how sad it was and that I hope the families are doing well. Now I know more directly that there are lots of prayers going out to them and I will add mine to those. Love and miss ya!

Amy G. said...

I heard about that too on the radio. How sad for those children...I'm so sorry and we will keep your aunt's family in our prayers.

Nicole said...

Kelli...they will be in our prayers. That is just so heart breaking.

Leah Miller said...

I am very sorry...that makes me so sad. They will be in our prayers.