Friday, April 25, 2008

Madi's Daddy

Anyone who read the post about Madi will remember her  story.  She's the precocious, precious 3 year old that touched my soul at a certain dinner at my mom and dad's house in Joshua Tree.  

You can read about it in the post "The Gem I Almost Forgot".

For all who might have interest, you should know that Madi's daddy returned home last week safe and sound. My mom was thrilled to be invited to the homecoming.  I asked how Madi had handled seeing her dad after such a long time.  Seven months is a long time for a 3 year old.

"She was squeeling with delight!"  she said.  According to Mom it was a beautiful reunion and a joy to behold.

So I am guessing it doesn't get much better than that. 

Welcome home Luke!  We are so grateful for your service and sacrifice.  Our prayers will continue to be with you as you shift back into US life.

Much love from all who have read her post and been taught by the love of a little girl for her daddy.


1 comment:

Amy G. said...

That was sweet. It's great to know the end of the story. Thanks for sharing!