Sunday, March 2, 2008

Marco Polo Pros

Hi Yous-

First of all, to any and all who might not know, there is a little word at the bottom of each blog post that says, "comments".  If you click on that you can send me a little message (hint, hint Moms).  It just occurred to me that some of my dear non-blogging family and friends may never have noticed that, especially since it took me awhile to figure it out myself.  Yes, that's even writing on my own blog.  I am a little slow but if you give me some time and tell me straight out, I'll get it!

Believe me, us bloggers live for our comments!

Let's jump into the next section of this blog for the night.  My boys, including my husband, have turned out to be champion Marco Polo players.  Who knew?  Several weeks ago we all played and had a dandy time.  I fared O.K. and got stuck with being "it" a few times.  No big deal.  I may have mentioned how I love listening to R and J with their dad in the pool while I am puttering around the house having a mommy moment.  They'll play for over an hour and I have thought much of it until yesterday.  Geez.  I can hardly compete and if I'm "it", forget about it.  Plan on Mom doing the Marco to their Polo for at least the next 20 minutes.  The pool is not big, nor is it deep, not to mention that I'm a pretty good swimmer so what up?!  They are all so good!  Jeremy takes a big rock and  his goggles and hunkers down in the deep end.  Sometimes you'll cluelessly right next to him.  He just stays still and you won't find out till you're no it.  Riley stays on the move.  He's always going and is quick.  I am amazed how long he can hold his breath as well.  Hubby is always taunting you with little splashes and close up "Polos" in a loud voice.  I guess he's the resident master of the game because we each consider it a major plus if we tag him.  Rarely happens!  

But I have to say the highlight of my game yesterday had to be watching dear hubby be it.  The rule is you have to start at the shallow end while everyone else collects in the deep end.  Once we are all ready the "it" person starts off with, "Marco" and we answer, "Polo".  Dear hubby's style is aggressive to say the least.  After he psyches us out by asking us if we're scared.  "You little guppies nervous?  Are you scared?" he closes his eyes and begins. "Marco?"  (sounds like a creep of a Stephen King movie)  "Polo" (then we dive down)  He hesitates as he listens for our voices then explodes in our direction at full speed.  If he doesn't grab one of us he'll stop and thrash his feet out in a huge double straddle kick, reaching out with both arms at the same time then twist and reach over and over for a minute.  No luck for the big fish.  He goes again, "Marco?", "Polo" we answer quickly, waiting to see which direction he turns.  "Marco?"  Boom!  He's after one of us, all of us if he can.  He's fast and furious and like the agitator on a top loader washing machine.  And I am  laughing my head off.  One time I was laughing so hard, and trying not to make a sound, that I couldn't move much less go under water.  If he would have stuck one hand out he would have had me!  The sight of him was just too much!  So, I am in now.  No more listening to the Marco Polo from the kitchen or computer.  Mom's gotta get in the game before it's too late.

Tomorrow, serious Marco Polo training begins!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

all right and this was hilarious too. Sounds like good times down there for the American Aussies!

Holly said...

Wish we could come over and play! (good luck getting mom to comment=)

Heather O. said...

I used to live for Marco Polo as a kid. We were experts. Sometimes my brother would get OUT of the pool, yell POLO, and dive into the pool over our heads, so we never knew where he was. Sneaky, sneaky boys!