Friday, February 8, 2008

To All the Girls on the Go

Well, I beat ya to the Sat morning run as usual since we're 17 or so hours ahead of you and boy was it a hot one.  If you wait till 8am (wimps, hee, hee) to run in Redland Bay your asking to leave this world in a pool of your own sweat on the side of a road next to a dead wallaby.  It's like running in a microwave oven switched on high.  

So, you'll  be proud of me!  I was off by 6:17 am.  I ran the whole way except for a short talk with a super cute retired couple out for a morning walk.  It was slow and mostly miserable just like all of my runs without my running group girls and my amazing running/workout boss, friend Maria.  But seriously, it does motivate me to know that all of you will be up and at'em Saturdays.  I can picture you all chatting and beginning to breath a little harder as you start down the hill.  Leah making up all sorts of lame excuses for why she'll be slow and then racing up the hill to sprint the finish.  Kristyn will be running at whatever pace she likes for as long as she likes because as one GOG mentioned, according to her "It's all mental  baby!"  Anna and her long legs will be keeping stride with whomever is running fastest that day.  It will look effortless but she'll claim to "really be feeling it".  Ya, uhuh.  So many are coming back after babies.  (I LOVE MY "AFTER" PICTURE, BY THE WAY!  JUST THINKING ABOUT IT MAKES ME SMILE)  You are the most amazing of us all!  

O.K. I am going to  haul my sweaty, stinky self off to the pool.  You guys stay warm.  I wish I could blink you all here along with all my Idaho buddies and every lifetime friend for a gigantic slumber party with a swim and bar b q and trips to the beach and the city and whatever else you would like to do.  

By the way, Leah, I guess being pregnant would be a legitimate reason to slow it down.  But I swear if I find out your fibbing me on that 12 minute mile story, you're in grande troubl0!


7 comments:

Trixie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to run without my groupies:) I went running for the first time since Thanksgiving on Thursday, man I hurt!

Heather O. said...

Yup, we're still going. Kristyn has taken over the pep-talk emails, and we all get out there. And Leah IS totally lying about her 12 minute mile. At least I hope she is, because her pace feels awfully fast to me!

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow, doing our 'moment of silence for Kelli' routine. Ok, not really, but we'll be silent in our hearts. Because you know we love you.

Dawn said...

We sure missed you, well at leas the part where you run beside us talking like you aren't even running, then start to run backwards as we slow down and you are still running a steady pace. Oh and watch out for spikers, I hear they are pretty big there!

Dawn said...

Okay I meant spiders, sorry!

Nicole said...

Kelli, you crack me up. You've got everyone figured out. Yes, Leah is still a champ and pretends not to be. I"m slow as molasses, but I"m there. Sarah Dyckman came today and afterward (she said she was going to walk, but she ran) said "that wasn't so bad". Apparently she's been trying to run REALLY fast. She asked, "don't runners do, like, 6 minute miles?" Heather's response was the best, "YEAH, the ones in the OLYMPICS!" So we have another runner (or jogger if we should be technical)

Keep posting your adventures. Looks like beautiful country! And your take on it is hilarious.

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

Kel,So I just wanted to tell you that I recently made a really nice and awesome friend. She has invited me to run w/her and even though i fear for my life due to her looking highly fit, I am going anyway! I am going because of you so it looks like your realm of running influence is greater than you might have known!! Love ya, Liz

Leah Miller said...

I want to report that I made it all the way to the end of DOG street on Saturday, but only because I needed the bathroom that was located at the end!!! My bladder is only good for a few miles these days. The only problem was that I ran out of gas on the way back and had to walk.

btw- Nicole isn't as "slow as malasses" like she claims to be. When we start running she immediatly falls 30 feet behind the front group and then keeps up with their pace for the rest of the run. I like to call it "Kelli Syndrome" because you would always call everyone on it.