Monday, February 18, 2008

More pics and crazy Monday.






First pic, boys are looking for anything that might wiggle, crawl, or scoot through the rocks and tide pools.
The second pic is Jeremy getting ready to let Dad have it - back, that is.  Bart started it.
Third, what it looked like on the little island to which the sandbar led.
Last, the kite boarding crew exploded into action on the way back.  The day started with just 3.  I counted nearly 20 in all by then.


Now, if you will, forgive the humdrum content of today.  (It's for our moms, ya know how that goes!)
We got up early to get Bart off to the airport (My running buddies will be proud to know I was up at 5 for a nice run and then, inspired by my Maria, jumped in the pool).  Unfortunately the traffic was thick.  What should have taken 40 min. took close to two hours.  Guess we learned our lesson the hard way.  One of those little glitches. 

 We needed to call the very nice neighbors to see about a ride for our boys.  She was darling about it so as long as they were able to find the lunch money all should be well with them at the moment.  Happy to say Bart even made his flight!  I told him so.  I am a believer ever since the "10 minutes till take off and 13 pcs. of luggage" miracle (thank you Maria and Kristyn!!!!).  
On the way home I found shopping nirvana.  It's called the mall and it's in Capalaba.  I already knew that but was iffy about directions.  Needless to say I was thrilled when the very nice navigator lady on the little computer told me to turn right and I saw the mall.  Poor Bart.  Now I can get there all by myself.  He, he.

The best part of the day so far was finally getting over to the little fruit store which is right next door to the butcher there in Vic. Point.  My neighbor, Steve (or Stevo as they nickname here) recommended it right off.  Boy was he right.  The fruit is in great shape, much less expensive than the supermarkets and they had fenugreek (funky spice for some odd recipe I found on the net)!  I had been looking everywhere for it.  Plus they have my favorite yogurt.  Mmm.  Thick and rich and mango-ey.  And the meat place was big and beautiful and clean.  Everything was laid out nicely and the fish is easily accessible and up close on ice.  

So now it's put all the stuff away.  Clean and get ready to get the boys from school.  Later we'll go to the skate park if the weather cooperates.  We have had storm after storm after storm.  I put the clothes out to dry yesterday but I keep forgetting to pull them off before the next rain hits!  

Love you you,

Kelli

2 comments:

riley said...

Hi, thanks for saying hi! Though it took me a minute to realize that you were writing to me because my name is Natalie and you wrote to Heather -but on my cooking blog that is common because it is more forum style than a family blog. I thought you were writing a note to my friend Heather who wrote a comment on that same post.

Anyway, how are you liking Brisbane? My husband has traveled up there a few times for work but I haven't been able to do any travel yet. We have also only been here since January. We are here for 3-5 years for work, what about you? How do you know Leah?

Thanks again for saying hi!

Nicole said...

Oh kelli. I love reading everything you write. What a fun adventure your life is. And I was a little taken back by a certain comment by a "kp" on my blog. What praise! It's not wholly true, but I'll take it!