Friday, February 8, 2008

Bit of a back track and a catch up on the day!

I have uploaded a couple of pics from our first trip to a "real" beach.  You know, one with waves.  This took place a week and a half ago.  It's on Stradbroke Island.  Just hop on a ferry, take a bus to the other side of the island, hike a mile down to a gorgeous, completely empty beach.  Realize that the beach is OFF LIMITS.  Hike back up the hill and up another mile to the first open beach you find.  

You are supposed to swim between the flags.  We don't.  Bart's idea.  We lived.  Had a wonderful time swimming in the perfect surf, playing frisbee and eating melted chocolate cookies.  Mmmmm.  And I didn't see one shark!  

The trip home was a bit more of an adventure, waiting for an hour to be crammed on a bus with the other 100 people trying to catch the last ferry of the day.  What did we expect on Aussie day? Not the Packer's most brilliant move but at least we'll have the Stradbroke Island Excursion all figured out for the rest of you.  When you come.  Hint, hint.  We have decided the car is key, as well as an ice chest, blanket for sand, an umbrella for shade and a few chairs.  Even better, bring the tent and stay the night.  Ahhh.  

Well back to the present.  Today is counted as one of our more productive.  We have a school that will take us.  We finally received the money for the cars.  We have actually come close to practically almost deciding on maybe which one we might possibly want.  Wow!  (I like the red one!) I was able to do 4 loads of stinky laundry at the laundromat. (Washer broke 5 days ago!) and ....hmmm, I guess that's it.  Sounds boring but these are all biggies for us this week.

I can think of so many things to tell you all when I am out and about, but, funny, it all eludes me once I sit down to the big screen and keypad.  

For now, just know how much I love and appreciate you.  I live on your replies and chocolate at the moment.   At some point it will be time to "get a life".  In fact, I may be getting close to that  tipping point now.  You know you're getting desperate when you don't want to leave the family who's car you are considering buying because you can't quit talking to the nice wife and you wave goodbye as your driving away wishing she lived next door instead of an hour away.  Oops.  Sorry nice car lady.  Don't worry.  I could never find my way back alone and Bart's not the stalker type.

Love to each of you.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

You guys are so fun! I love going to the beach, even if the way there and the way back are a pain. Oh and I think you will have no problems making friends.

Amy G. said...

i just discovered your blog! your beach pics look awesome. i want to come visit you! i know how you feel. i've been surviving on the same things since we moved here AND my entire family lives here. the williamsburg crew were just too cool.

Heather O. said...

If it's any consolation, I don't have a life since you left, either. Sheesh, at least you're not having a life AT THE BEACH. Sounds pretty lifey to me!

Trixie said...

I agree with Heather O!!! And Amy, the crew in Wmbrg is the best! Maybe we should all move to the same place so we can all hang out together:) HA!

Dora said...

Kelli, your life is precious!