Friday, June 13, 2008

Mommy Moment

Hey again. Yeah, I recovered from my one whole day of babysitting darling, dimpled, diaper man. We all survived. Liz was anxious to be back to her little one. He was thrilled to find her in her bed where she belonged this morning and I was relieved to be able to hand the reins back to my gorgeous sister. Watching her mother her sweet toddler through his breakfast and morning mischiefs I felt overwhelmed with love for this amazing woman. She possesses a remarkable strength for it. She is physically strong, easily lugging his 30 + pounds all over the place. Her spirit is strong. She loves enthusiastically with kisses and smiles and hugs. Somehow she knows all the tricks for appeasing his demanding personality without spoiling him rotten. It leaves me wondering what sort of mother I was. Was I cheerful? Did my boys have the slightest idea how much I love them? Oh well, it's never too late. I can't hardly lift them a centimeter off the floor these days. They would just as soon spend the night away from me with a friend much less cry "Mama" when they think of me and realize I am not there. Most of the time I get the rolling eyes if I want to "talk" about anything too serious. But...every night they want me to tuck them in and kiss them. I still feel that tender, eternal connection that a mother has for her child and I know that their young souls need that. I hope they always will. I know I will.

As a finale note, can I confess that at long last, after nearly 10 years, I am grateful I don't have a uterus.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Kelli!!
Your blog is so neat, it's been fun for me to read your posts! My brother in law just set me up a new blog, my site is www.heidijojo.blogspot.com! I miss you and love you!!!

Holly said...

Liz is pretty amazing. Seriously the most patient mom...up there with Laura.

Heather O. said...

Hooray for not having a uterus!

Mine is still up for grabs though, if you change your minds. Works just great if you've got the kidneys to go with it!!